I’m excited to share with you that Suzanne and I will be hosting the #CampusChat Twitter chat on the fourth Wednesday of each month, starting March 26, at 9pm ET/6pm PT. #CampusChat is brought to you by SmartCollegeVisit.com and is one of the longest-running higher education Twitter chats.
Smart College Visit is an award winning college-search and travel planning resource that works with college and university admissions offices to provide efficient on-line and mobile products for college-bound students and their parents. The site’s Explore Colleges contains profiles of more than 3000 colleges and universities with travel logistics to help families plan visits to each campus.
I hope you will join Suzanne (@SuzanneShaffer) and me (@pocsmom) on March 26th and the fourth Wednesday of each month at 9pm ET/6pm PT for Smart College Visit’s #CampusChat with Wednesday’s Parent as we share tips for parents of the college-bound from our #CampusChat buddies and expert guests. Come chat with us and bring your questions and comments!
Here are some simple instructions to join a Twitter chat:
1. Sign-in to Twitter or sign-up for a free Twitter account here.
2. When it is time for the chat to start, type “#CampusChat” into the search bar at the top right of your screen.
3. Click on “All” to see all the #CampusChat tweets.
4. When the chat starts, you will now be able to see the whole #CampusChat conversation, ask a question, respond, and participate on whatever level you are comfortable with. Be sure to use the hashtag #CampusChat to tweet during the chat. That way everyone participating in the chat will be able to see your tweet.
5. There are free sites like Hootsuite, TweetChat and TweetDeck that you may also use to more easily manage your social media interactions.
I hope to see you every Wednesday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT for Smart College Visit’s #CampusChat, with Wednesday’s Parent being the subject the fourth Wednesday of each month. Let’s chat!